Homework plays an important part in the education and development of children. It is important that all children learn to work away from their teacher.
During the seven years a child spends at Wilden All Saints CE Primary School, the amount of homework will vary according to the child's age. We try to balance academic demands with the fact that childhood comes only once and should be enjoyed.
Homework may take many forms, such as
- Reading practice
- Times tables practice
- Learning and remembering for example, spellings
- Investigative projects
Helping your child
Parents can help by:
- Seeing that children settle to their homework quietly and thoughtfully
- Providing encouragement and support
- Listening to their children read
- Checking presentation, spelling and handwriting
- Testing if something needs to be learned