Please see below a table containing information of our school’s current Governing body. This also details any personal or business interest they or any relative or person closely connected with them, have with businesses or other organisations that may have dealings with the school. This could for example include owning or having a relative work for a business that had dealings with school; having a relative working in or for school or being a governor of another school.
If any interest a governor has could be seen to cause a conflict of interest they would be asked to withdraw from any decision making concerned. This is to ensure that our governors can always be seen to be putting the interest of the school first.
If there is a potential conflict it is shown in the table. This table also shows the category of governor each person is, any specific role on the governing body and the committees they are members of.
The different categories of governors on our governing body are:
- Parent governors who have a child in school at the time of their election, and are elected by the parents with children at the school;
- Staff governors who are members of staff at the school and are elected by their colleagues;
- Co-opted governors are appointed on to the governing body by the other members because they come from a specialist group, such as the business community or because they possess a particular skill which can contribute to the effective governance and success of the school;
- Local authority(LA) governors who are nominated by the local councillor and appointed by the governing body;
- The Headteacher (HT) is also a member of the governing body by right of the position they hold in the school;
- Associate members are not actually governors but can be appointed to serve on committees and attend meetings of the full governing body. They do not have the right to vote at meetings of the full governing body but may been given voting rights on the committees that they are a member of, but these rights can only be given by the governing body.
The different committees our governing body has are:
- Teaching and Learning - A committee that looks at the standards of work across the whole school in each curriculum area.
- Finance and Resources - Our main committee for all aspects of Human Resources and the Financial Management of the school. for undertaking work around the management of our buildings, school grounds and the health and safety of our staff and children.
- There are also separate disciplinary and appeals committees which are convened if they are required.
|Name||Type of Governor||Appointing Body||Term||Attendance 2019/20||
|Sian Burford (Chair)||Parent||Parent Nomination and Election||
Safe Guarding, EYFS and Pupil Premium
|Caroline Unitt (Observer)||Executive Headteacher||SAET||4/7|
|Charlotte McDonald||Head of School||Co-opted Governor||01-09-17 to 31-08-25||7/7||
|Staff||01-09-18 to 31-08-22||7/7|
|Erin Watkins||Staff||Nomination by colleagues||
|Jon Sheers||Severn Academies Trust representative||School Request||01-09-17 to 31-08-21||2/7||
|Neil Crabbe||Foundation||Worcestershire Diocese||22-02-18 to 11-02-22||6/7||Science and E-Safety|
|Rev. Carey Saleh||Foundation||Ex Officio||6/7||English|
|Nick Watts||Parent||Parental Nomination and Election||27-11-17 to 26-11-21||7/7||Maths, SEN|
|Jacky Garbett||Foundation||Worcestershire Diocese||01-09-18 to 31-08-22||7/7||RE and Collective Worship and well being|